Monday, July 18, 2011

Family Vaca!

I feel like every weekend we have something to do the entire weekend. Sleep late? Yeah right that is what you did during the summer in high school. The past 2 weekends have been filled with weddings and recovery from weddings. Now this weekend we are going to see some of Adam's family I have never met, they live in Indiana. So for the 13 hour drive, yes I said drive I am going to catch up on my sleep and look around. I have never been to Indiana. I am most excited about going to Shipshewana! It is an Amish Community! I LOVE Amish people. If it weren't for the no electicity and drab  blue dresses for girls pretty sure I could try it for a day or two. Below I have listed the items I want to purchase from the Amish in Shipshewana.

#1 BREAD- I LOVE homemade Amish Bread
#2 Soap- Their homemade soap smells amazing, wonder why they don't use it?
#3 Basket for our living room

My ultimate goal is to see if one of them will let me take a picture with them. The ones in Lawerenceburg won't let me. I especially love Amish kids! There are always so many of them and they are so cute.
The movie "For Richer or Poorer" is Adam's idea of Amish.

No comments:

Post a Comment